The emerging markets in CE, SE and Eastern Europe include Romania, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia.

The emerging markets in CE, SE and Eastern Europe include Romania, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia.
The emerging markets in CE, SE and Eastern Europe include Romania, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Serbia, Lithuania.

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Contact Center Sector in Romania


Romania is ranked 2nd in Europe and 9th globally as preferred destination for business services. The business services sector is a growing industry in Romania.

The Romanian market of outsourcing and support services is estimated at over 1.5 billion EUR. The outsourcing and shared services sector in Romania has recorded annual growth of over 10% in 2012 and 2013. According to market players, the Romanian market of Contact Center was estimated at approximately 200 million EUR in 2012, with an average annual growth rate of 10 – 15% in the past years. It is likely that the growing trend will continue.

The majority of BPO players in Romania provide services such as: Finance & Accounting, Procurement, HR, Customer Support, Order Administration, IT, Logistics, Call Center, Research & Analytics, Legal and other services.

Some of the main providers of call center services in Romania are: Genpact, Computer Generated Solutions, Accenture, Comdata, Webhelp, Wipro Technologies, Arvato or Sykes.

Genpact has entered the Romanian market in 2005. At present, it has two operating hubs in Romania, located in Bucharest and Cluj Napoca, with a total number of approximately 2,300 employees. Genpact Romania offers services in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Turkish, Hungarian, Polish or Bulgarian.

Genpact Romania has over 40 clients, in the sectors of telecommunications, financial & banking, insurance, utilities, pharmaceuticals & healthcare, consumer goods, IT, HR, retail etc. Some examples of its clients are: GSK, Hitachi, Credit Agricole CIB and Nestle. In 2013, Genpact Romania has recorded a net turnover of over 71 million EUR.

It is estimated that the players in the BPO sector in Romania will focus during the next years on the stabilisation and the optimisation of their current activities and also on the extension of their activities (new customers and new activities).

The number of the headcount in the Romanian business services sector is forecasted to exceed 22,000 by the end of 2016, compared to some 20,000 at present.

New fiscal and legislative changes are expected to support the growth of the Romanian outsourcing market in the future.

During the next years, over 65% of the organisations in Romania forecast to increase the use of the outsourcing and shared services.


According to Colliers International, Romania is one of the favourite destinations of the outsourcing & offshoring companies in Central and Eastern Europe. Only 30% of the top 100 outsourcing & offshoring companies at the global level are present in the Central and Eastern Europe, this representing a big opportunity to attract the rest of 70% of these companies in the next years.

For additional details, tailored market research and liaison with BPO players in Romania, feel free to contact our team at 
email: europa@frdcenter.ro
tel: +4021 4111459/60/61

1 comment:

  1. you are doing a great job, Jackie Bojor and the others. I can say it as an insider, if you need any help here, let me know. If business travelers are supposed to come in Romania, don't forget that I am a travel guide with good business contacts! Keep on the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.