- meat: 631,840 tonnes, up by 3.4% compared to 2012
- tinned meat: 29,856 tonnes, up by 6% compared to previous year
- tinned vegetables: 73,728 tonnes, y/y increase of 8.6%
- tinned fruits: 6,713 tonnes, up by 84.1% compared to 2012
- semi-tinned fish: 11,991 tonnes, 36.8% higher compared to 2012
- Agricola Bacau Group, specialised in the production of meat and meat products, has recorded a turnover of approximately 138,500,000 EUR in 2014, up by some 4% compared to 2013. •
- Cris-Tim Group, specialised in the production of meat products, dairy products and ready-meals, has reported a turnover of approximately 90,000,000 EUR in 2014, up by some 15% compared to the previous year. Its sales of ready-meals have increased by 30% in 2014 compared to 2013.
- The manufacturer of milk and dairy products Albalact has posted a net turnover of some 107,000,000 EUR in 2014, up by almost 12% compared to 2013.
- The manufacturer of water, soft drinks and energy drinks Rio Bucovina has registered a net turnover of over 34,000,000 EUR in 2014, this representing a y/y growth of almost 10%.
- Cris-Tim Group has invested over 8,000,000 EUR in 2014 for the acquisition of new equipment, such as meat processing and packaging lines.
- Scandia Food, the leader of the canned meat market in Romania with a market share of over 46%, has obtained in 2013 a bank loan of 22,000,000 EUR for the optimization of its technological capabilities.
- Danone Romania, the leader of the domestic yogurt market, has invested some 2,200,000 million EUR to modernise and implement new packaging technologies. The new yogurt pack has been launched in April 2015.
According to FRD Center research, some examples of projects financed within Rural Development Programme 2007 - 2013 are:
- Equipment acquisition for the competitiveness increasing of the meat processor Vascar; grant of almost 2,000,000 EUR
- Expanding of the Domeniul Coroanei Segarcea wine production capacity through the acquisition of equipment; grant of nearly 2,000,000 EUR
- Modernisation and development of the MGC Topoloveni fruits and vegetables processing plant; grant of approximately 1,830,000 EUR
- Expanding of the Primalact dairy production capacities; grant of some 1,550,000 EUR
- Expanding of the Five Continents milk processing unit; grant of approximately 1,430,000 EUR
- Equipment acquisition for the modernisation of the Avicarvil poultry slaughterhouse; grant of nearly 735,000 EUR
- Acquisition of machinery and equipment for the modernisation of the Vinexport wine manufacturing unit; grant of approximately 540,000 EUR
- Investment in the setting-up of cold storage unit and meat processing and re-packaging unit, made by the manufacturer Universal Cold Storage; grant of approximately 1,950,000 EUR
- Investment in the setting-up of cold storage unit and meat processing unit, made by the manufacturer Maier & Pavel Depozit Frigorific; grant of nearly 1,300,000 EUR
- Setting-up of 600 tonne-cold storage unit and acquisition of meat processing equipment by the manufacturer Carniprod; grant of almost 450,000 EUR
tel: +4021 411 1459/60/61
FRD Center provides market research in Eastern Europe and the region, B2B matchmaking in the CEE and SEE, investment and M&A assistance in Romania, in CEE and SEE.