Who are the main Romanian Meat Processors? How to reach their Owners and Decision Makers?
According to the FRD Center analysis based on official data, the main 15 meat processing companies in Romania registered in 2017 total revenues 10.4% higher than in 2016, surpassing 1.4 bnEUR.
Some of the most dynamic growths have been registered by:
Interagroaliment (part of Grup Serban) of almost 50%
Doly Com Distributie of almost 27%
Smithfield Prod of almost 25%
The Meat Processing Sector in Romania is one of the most dynamic sectors for a variety of reasons, including:
- local market demand for meat and meat products
- availability of finance for investments and development, including non-reimbursable grants from EU funds
- increasing preference of the local consumers for the traditional recipes
The Meat Processing Sector in Romania presents interesting opportunities for global and regional strategic buyers looking to expand to Europe through a merger&acqusition (M&A).
How to enter the Romanian meat processing sector? How to acquire a local meat processor and producer of quality meat products?
As one of the pioneer privately owned market entry and M&A advisory firms in Romania, operating for over 15 years in this market, FRD Center has high competencies in buy-side advisory and is quite well placed to assist foreign buyers with their Deal Origination and Acquisition Target Search in Romania and the region. FRD Center has been assisting foreign investors with their acquisition target origination in Romania and has operated under several buy-side mandates.
For more details on the The FRD Center M&A advisory services in Romania and Emerging Europe go to http://market-entry-romania.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-frd-center-m-advisory-services-in.html and
Crossborder M&A deals in the Agri/Food sector in Romania in 2017 / 2018 include:
Smithfield, part of WH Group (China), acquired local meat processors Elit and Vericom.
Danish group Givesco A/S acquired 50% of the shares of local pasta producer, Sam Mills Group, with a combined business of over 140 mEUR.
Mexican company Sigma Alimentos has acquired 51% of the shares of Caroli Foods Group, one of the main packaged meats producers in Romania.
In October 2017, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) confirmed that it will become a shareholder in the Romanian agribusiness company, Agricover Holding, taking over 13% stakes.
Unilever reached an agreement to buy local ice cream maker Betty Ice for an estimated 80-90 mEUR.
For a few potential M&A Opportunities in the Meat Processing Sector in Romania consult the FRD Center blog posting at http://market-entry-romania.blogspot.com/2018/01/m-opportunities-in-meat-processing.html
The FRD Center senior advisors provide tailor-made assistance to foreign companies interested to partner with, or acquire a local company through an M&A transaction and to foreign investors interested to invest in, or buy, Romanian companies.
The FRD Center M&A advisory services for BUY-SIDE Clients:
- upon-demand lead generation and target identification for foreign companies interested to buy or to invest into small and mid-cap Romanian companies
- market scan, identification, selection, profiling of M&A / investment targets according to specific Buyer requirements and profile
- background and reputation checks, commercial due diligence of local targets
- selected targets direct contact at Owner level, negotiations and pursuit of the deal to closure
- industry analysis and market research, economic and legal environment, SWOT analysis of the sector, risk assessment etc
- pre-M&A business support including accompany Buyer during visits, pre-m&a local representation
- post-M&A consultancy and representation if required including acting as the buyer’s trusted representative in the board, progress monitoring etc
For tailor-made market research, M&A advisory services, B2B matchmaking with players in the Emerging Markets in Europe, for targets search and deal origination feel free to contact the FRD Center team at:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +4021 411 1459/60/61