FRD Center has been analysing the plastic manufacturing sector in markets such as Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia and Serbia.
From the FRD Center research it resulted that some of the most important Romanian plastic manufacturers are Vitafoam, Eurofoam, Romcarbon, Oechsler Romania, Isovolta, Star East Pet and Pet Star Holding.
Vitafoam Romania, part of Vita Group UK, has been established in 2009, following an investment of 12 mEUR in Mures county (Centre Romania). Vitafoam Romania has production units in Mures, Timis and Maramures counties.
Vitafoam Romania produces:
- polyurethane foams
- foam blocks
- debited boards
- mattresses (Adormo brand)
Eurofoam is one of the main producers of flexible polyurethane foams in Romania. It has the HQ in Sibiu (Centre Romania) and offices covering the entire country.
The company has over 300 employees and in 2017, they registered revenues 3% higher than in 2016. Eurofoam is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified and they manufacture flexible polyurethane foams for the following sectors: automotive, packaging, furniture, sport, air and water filtration, cleaning etc.
Romcarbon is an important plastic processor in Romania, listed on Bucharest Stock Exchange. In 2000, Romcarbon has become a 100% private capital firm. In 2003, Living Plastic Industry - a Taiwanese investor - became the company’s main shareholder. Currently, Romcarbon is owned by: Living Plastic Industry (32.85%), Joyful River Cyprus (20.52%), other legal entities (23.06%) and individuals (23.57%).
In 2017, they registered revenues 7% higher than in 2016 and a team of around 900 people.
- polystyrene packaging: expanded polystyrene trays, XPS panels
- polypropylene packaging: polypropylene bags, polypropylene strap
- polyethylene packaging: bags, sacks, foils, films
- plastic compounds and recycled polymers
- automotive and industrial filters
- active carbon
- breathing protective equipment
- PVC road indicators
According to the FRD Center analysis of the Romanian Plastic Products Manufacturers, one of the most dynamic is Plasess Romania SRL which registered in 2017 a turnover growth of 30% compared to 2016. Similarly, Tecnostamp Triulzi East Europe SRL registered a y-t-y TO growth of 26% in 2017.
GOTMAR LTD is a privately owned Bulgarian company, specialising in the processing of thermoplastics. The company was founded in 1992 in the town of Saedinenie, Plovdiv county.
The main activities of GOTMAR are production of preforms from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), production of caps and handles from Polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE), manufacturing of products from thermoplastic polymers through injection moulding method, production of packaging for the perfumery and cosmetics industries, manufacturing of moulds.
They offer complex packaging solutions – from the design and manufacturing of moulds to the production of a finished product.
Tir Market Ltd is a leading Bulgarian manufacturer of plastic parts and details. They offer complex services and pastic products used in the Power industry, Large-scale mining industry, Chemical, Railway industry, Engineering, Shipbuilding and Ship repair industry.
Chimiplast JSC. is a Bulgarian – Italian joint stock company registered in Bulgaria in April 2006 with leading partners CHIMICOM SRL and CHIMREMONTSTROY ENGINEERING JSC. The company activities include manufacturing and distribution of polyethylene, polypropylene and PVC pipes, know-how, technology transfer etc.
Some recent news of the plastic production sector in South Eastern Europe monitored by FRD Center are:
- In May, Serbia's thermoplastic products manufacturer Plastikcam East, a subsidiary of Italian company Think Plastic, has opened a 3mEUR investment in Serbia. The company plans to develop the factory in five stages and to hire 30 employees by the end of 2018.
- Croatian plastic products manufacturer AD Plastik announced that its consolidated net profit grew 44.69% year-on-year in the first half of 2018, reaching 7.6 mEUR. AD Plastik is one of the main producers of plastic parts for the automotive sector in South Eastern Europe. For example, AD Plastik produces front and rear bumpers with components, interior mudguard linings, painted external stabilizers, instrument panels and door panels for Renault Clio.
- In June, Serbian rubber products manufacturers Tigar and tyre mould maker D-Company announced plans to enter into strategic partnership with Finland's Teknikum Group for production of technical rubber goods. With already three plants in Finland, Teknikum produces polymer-based rubber coatings, industrial hoses, rubber compounds, as well as rubber, plastic, silicone and polyurethane moulds.
- The largest PVC processor in Romania, the plastic products manufacturer TeraPlast Group became the largest rigid PVC recycler in Romania after an investment of 3.5 mEUR in a PVC waste collection and recycling station. The investment includes recycling lines, production and storage facilities, as well as related buildings. The recycling station has a production capacity of 12,000 tonnes per year, which places the company among the top 10 recyclers in Europe.